CeedCap is a startup studio and an early-stage investment management group. The company provides venture building, private equity, strategic advisory, and corporate innovation services to the technology-enabled sector.
Operating as a bridge between Africa’s digital economy and the international VC investment, CeedCap connects people, capital, and ideas to accelerate innovation and provide value to portfolio companies, limited partners (LP) and the connected world.
We are looking to hire a Senior Communications Manager with a background in Marketing and PR. He/She will manage a diverse team of innovative communication and marketing experts to focus on the following areas: Local & Global brand management, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Media and Industry analyst relations.
To succeed in this role, he/she should be a highly motivated, a well-seasoned communications and marketing professional with a track record in PR management.
If you are also a creative, state-of-the-art communications professional who understands emerging technologies and media and has a passion for exploring new methods of communicating, we would like to meet you.
Strategy & Planning:
- Develop and implement effective communication and Brand Marketing strategies based on market, program, program data and critical issues.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an internal and external communication, marketing, and advocacy strategy to advance CeedCap’s brand identity, broadening awareness of its programs and priorities, its value-added, and increasing the visibility of its efforts across key stakeholder audiences.
- Develop and execute branding initiatives, campaigns and events with the goal of promoting the CeedCap’s products and services.
- Develop and execute media strategies, statements and talking points to constantly promote our media coverage in our industry market
- Work with senior management to identify and address corporate communications opportunities & solutions and define and execute apporpriate strategies to support them
- Manage the image and reputation of the company, its leadership and team members through effective media and public relations.
- Execute content development across the business, working with external agencies when necessary
- Manage company initiatives and represent the company at relevant events, exhibitions and shows
- Oversee writing, content management, and design direction for CeedCap’s website
- Manage the website content update on a monthly basis or as needed with relevant announcements
- Oversee the development and dissemination of all CeedCap print and web-related communication activities
- Prepare a long term plan for content development, including standards and guidelines based on CeedCap’s goals
- Assist the Managing Director with creating targeted communication messages for business development opportunities.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competitions, and new opportunities by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant programmes
- Accountable for program effectiveness and return on marketing communications investment.
- Develop, implement and enforce content and communication policy, procedures, standards and its appropriate use
- Manage the editorial and quality assurance process with internal and external content creators
- Ensure consistent messaging, tone and use of language on all communications, providing access to content as needed
- Ensure that all print and online communications are consistent with CeedCap’s brand marketing
- Create and execute a content audit plan to ensure content data is current and accurate
Knowledge sharing Management:
- Coordinate the delivery and availabilty of timely, accurate and quality data, information, intelligence and knowledge
- Manage the development and use of CeedCap’s internal information and knowledge systems and databases, ensuring that staff are trained and supported in using them efficiently
- Manage information submission to and updating of all communication portals
- Manage the distribution of CeedCap news development to all stakeholder audiences
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and perform other activities as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Commerce, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related course
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant experience including previous role(s) in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, etc preferably in the IT sector
- Experience in integrated communications, including in-depth knowledge of global digital platforms (web, mobile, social), face-to-face channels, content strategy, publishing and management
- Knowledge of and experience in using a variety of social media platforms and tools including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Slideshare, Youtube, WordPress and more.
- Strong online research skills including information gathering, organization, and synthesis: experience with Analyst research, News Media research, Social Media research, and other forms of published content
- Strong strategic, analytical thinking and problem solving skills, with demonstrated excellence in creating and articulating positions
- Creative and strategic thinker with good project management skills
- Ability to manage complex workflows, and multi-task under pressure and on deadlines
- Good team management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Great eye for details and excellent proofreading and organizational skills
- Extensive media network across all major Growth Markets mediums and networks
- Solid proficiency in Google Tools and experience in relevant software eg: Slack, JIRA etc.
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive, and super-friendly team because we know that different experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. CeedCap doesn’t discriminate based on race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Compensation: Base Salary + Benefit
How to apply: Click here